Wednesday 4 May 2016

Animated Documentary: Scene 8

In this scene the mother orangutan is telling the baby orangutan about the bad news and the she comforts him. To me this scene was simple enough to do however it did take me some time to do because I did have to think of how I was going to animate the characters in the scene. Once I figured out what I was doing I found it simple to animate it, I think the only difficult thing in this scene that I had to animate was the beginning where the mother swings round the child and sits him on her knee. This was because I had to get the perspective of both of them right when they were turning round and for me that was quite hard to do.


What I like about this scene is the beginning of it because it doesn't just start off with the child on the mothers knee, plus it looks more emotional if the mother has to place her child on her knee to tell him about the bad news. I also like how the background gets darker at the end to represent loss and sadness but I also had to make some changes to the background just to make it a bit smoother and fit in well with the animation. However, I don't like how the mother doesn't look down at the child orangutan then she is comforting him but I didn't really know how to make the mother look like she is looking down without cutting off bits of the face. But I am glad that I've done animating all my scenes and now all I have to do it edit them together in After Effects but before I can do that I have to wait for molly to finish her scenes as well.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment