Wednesday 4 May 2016

Animated Documentary: Scene 7

This scene took the longest for me to do because to be honest I wasn't in the right mind set on the day plus I was at home and not in leeds which put me off a bit. It also took me the longest to do because I had to animate two orangutans coming in from a birds eye view, which to me is kind of hard to do so what I did was I looked at me previous shot of the mother orangutan coming in shot but then visualised it from above and tried to draw it out. This worked well I think for me but I did have to do it twice because I didn't want to just copy and paste the same animation for the other orangutan because it might look a bit odd in the final outcome. For the background Malachi and I decided to have a still background because it will draw more attention to the characters if the background is still and the scene is at a serious point and the audience doesn't need to be distracted by things moving in the background.


I also just lowered the contrast and brightness of the background so that it doesn't shine over the characters or just look a bit odd and out of place. In this scene I like how the baby orangutans come in to shot because its a nice flowing animation and I also like how one of the orangutans grabs the fathers arm and if just falls back down when the baby orangutan lets go. But looking back at this scene I do not like that the father starts off with his eyes open and arms up because he is supposed to be unconscious, so if I could change anything I would start the scene off with the father just laying still to represent this.    
  

No comments:

Post a Comment