Wednesday 4 May 2016

Animated Documentary: Scene 5

Scene five was one of the easiest scenes to do because there wasn't that much to animate. I created the character in photoshop and then using the lasso tool I cut out parts of the orangutan and placed them on separate layers. After that I imported them in to After Effects and added the turbulent displacement effect onto the the cut out parts of the orangutan and then keyframed there position and moved the parts out away from the body of the orangutan and then just made the parts fade away. This represented his emotions being scattered and not knowing what to do.


For the background I just used the same one from before but just placed a fast blur effect on to it so that the focus is more on the character, plus I think it adds a little something to the scene and I like the way it looks/make the animation feel. I'm not sure if you can tell or not but I also made the background fade darker towards the end of the scene just to add a bit more emphasis on the emotion of the scene.    

No comments:

Post a Comment