Wednesday 4 May 2016

Animated Documentary: Scene 4

In this scene I drew out the baby orangutans ligaments on different layers in photoshop so that I could animate him in after effects because I though that animating him in after effects would be a better outcome than animating him in photoshop. However, I did animate the other orangutans in photoshop because there was not much movement with them. For the baby orangutan I animated him by using the puppet pin tool in after effects, this made the animation on him smoother but it did some ligament stretch a bit which is one down fall in using this tool. For the background I had to make the tree deform and look as though it is shacking because this represents the emotion of the scene and if the emotion gets worse so does the tree. So to do this I used the turbulent displacement and the rough edges effect in after effect and increased the amount of the effect towards the end of the scene because the baby orangutan sees the others crying and doesn't understand why.


I like how the baby orangutan climbs down the tree and I like how the tree moves in time with the scene i.e. it gets more distorted as the orangutan climbs down and sees others crying. However, I'm not too sure on the other orangutans because they seem to stationary, so I feel like I could of put some rough edges or turbulent displacement on them to make them seem more effective to the scene. I also had to slow down the animations on the background because they where running too fast for the scene and it just looked out of place. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment