Wednesday 4 May 2016

Animated Documentary: Scene 3

Scene three was one of the hardest scenes for me to think of how I was going to animate it because I mentioned fighting in the narrative, so I thought that I would have to animate something complicated like a fight scene or something. However, I came up with an idea to have the two orangutans will just push each other around instead, this way they look like they are fighting but its not complicated to animate. In this scene the two orangutans are play fighting but then suddenly the father orangutan falls asleep and the baby orangutan doesn't know what to do about this. I've also added in the backgrounds because Malachi had finished animating my backgrounds so I could drop them in, but I did have to make a couple of changes to the background just so that it fitted with my animation and so that it was fluid enough as well.


I feel like Ive done a good job of animating this scene and I like the first shot of this scene where the orangutans move to the left of the screen because it flows smoothly from scene two and it gives off the impression that the environment is larger and more interactive with the characters. I also like the part where the father orangutan falls backwards because it shows weight and force to the fall, which when I was animating that part I wasn't thinking too much about those attributes. The one thing I'm not to keen on is the part where the father orangutan falls asleep and the baby orangutan falls on top of him because there is a little glitch in the fall down and it's not supposed to be there and I think its something to do with when I was animating the scene in photoshop, however when I play it back in photoshop it plays fine so I don't know what to do about it. Overall I am pleased with the outcome of this scene but if I could do it again I would add another character to it because in the narrative I mention my mother coming in and taking me to bed, so I'd add this bit in to the scene.  
   

No comments:

Post a Comment