Thursday 25 February 2016

Responsive: 11 Second club

For this brief I am given an audio clip from a film and ten I have to animate to that clip, and I can use any form of animation whether it is 2D, 3D, traditional, or a pixilation animation. The audio clip is from the film 'Everything is Illuminated' but unfortunately I have never seen this film before, however this might help me because I won't be copying the films actions from the clip to my own animation.

I've decided to animate in 3D because for me its what I want to do as my profession so I want to get good at it. Fortunately the 11 second club provides you with a pre made rig to use in Maya so that we don't spend all of are time modelling a character and then having to rig the character because that itself we take a long time to do. The animation itself has to be submitted in a ratio of 560x316 and can be no bigger than 10MB, also you are not allowed to edit the audio clip in any way.

The winner of the competition will receive a professional AnimationMentor eCritique of the entry submitted. I chose to do this competition because a lot of big companies and studios look and the entries and may in fact get in touch with some of the people who have entered. I'll put a link below if you'd like to have a look at the competition your self.

http://www.11secondclub.com  

No comments:

Post a Comment