Thursday 25 February 2016

Responsive: 11 Second Club - Development 2

After I finished messing around with the character and figuring out how it works I then decided to start lip sinking on of the guys from the audio clip. I chose to do the guy who talks about being a vegetarian first because I thought he had the easiest lines to lip sink to. I had a couple of problems to begin with because the word vegetarian is quite a hard word to lip sink because it has five syllables in it, so when I finally lip sinked the word it was well out of time and it was going to slow to the audio. To fix the problem I had to go on the 'graph editor' and move all the key frames backwards so that its in time with the audio but this took some time to do.

After that the audio got easier to do because he just said "no" or "no meat" so I got is done pretty quick and finished the lip sinking in the next hour or two. Now that I've done the lip sinking I then focused on the movements of the character, this was simple enough to do however I need to do the other character so that I can animate there reactions off of one another. So far I've animated half of the movements for this guy and I will animate the second half once I've done the other guy so that it's easier to animate.


After showing my tutor my animation he recommended that for the next character I animate the movement first and then do the lip sinking afterwards because in animation it's al about the actions the character makes because it can tell the audience a lot more in the story then just talking. This made a lot of sense and I will be doing this for the next character I animate.  

No comments:

Post a Comment