Thursday 22 October 2015

Character and Narrative: Creating a skeleton

In this session of maya we had to create a skeleton for the model using the joint tool. We started of with the left leg then went up to the arm, then spine and then ended with the head and eyes. Whilst creating the joints and everything I also had to go through and rename what ever joint was meant for, this was so that went it came to mirroring the skeleton it would be mush easier and so that I wouldn't have to rename the right side as well.  The hardest part about creating the skeleton was putting the joints in foe the forearm roll because the joints had to be straight so I had to use a CV curve tool and make a straight line with that and then attach the joint tool onto it doing this created a straight joint from the elbow to the wrist. After I finished one side of the skeleton I could just mirror it to the right which was easy because all I had to do was press a button and the joints would mirror on the right. Another thing that was that we had to create a root joint which would allow the hips to move separately from the spine, this was also a bit tricky but once I got the hang of it, it was simple enough to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment