Thursday 1 October 2015

Character and Narration: Maya animation


This is a creation I did when I was bored one day and had nothing better to do so don't judge me! I created this using the demo model we got given during are study task "telling tales", which I then manipulated the figure doing a "sassy dance move". I did this because A I wanted to know how difficult it would be to animation the human figure, which to me wasn't to hard because it was just a matter of moving the legs and back and creating some key frames. And B I wanted to put comedy into my animation so seeing what that would look like in maya would be a good reference material to look back on, plus I wanted to see how the human figure would move and act like when I manipulated it.

In my opinion I thing there could be a few changes to be made if I go back and remaster it, thing like make the movements a bit slower, move the arms around to make it more flamboyant and if the model had more anchor points in the spine I would be able to bend the back like an ark. I did make a change before I rendered it out fully which was that the head didn't move at all the first time, so I made the head look forward throughout the "sassy dance move" because that's how it is preformed. I also would render the character out smooth with lighting and colour to make it more appealing and comical to view.      

No comments:

Post a Comment