Monday 19 October 2015

Character and Narrative: Character Design


For are story Oscar and I wanted to create two characters that are totally opposite to each other but have different personalities to what you'd think they'd have. So to do this I've come up with a spider who is a massive wimp, who's scared of heights.

What I wanted the spider to be like was that he would have a square-ish body so that he'd fit in with the environment and also be a bit goofy by like having big eyes and bottom. I also wanted the spider to be and act sluggish and goofy, but also the spider fits in with the style of the environment where we make it look blocky. For the eyes and everything like that I'm going to make them on the outer edge of the face, and have the mouth like in the head.

With the legs, I wanted to make them long and thin but after speaking to oscar we've now decided on round and short legs. This is because we wanted the spider look pathetic and it's hard for the spider to move about.


No comments:

Post a Comment