Saturday 22 April 2017

Extended Practice: The Transformation

The transformation is an experiment to show me, and others, how the change between characters will go about and look. This will also give me a good idea how I'm going to make the particles fall off the character, this will be done in order where the arms will change first and then the legs following on with the body and head. 

Below you will see my experiment in motion, showing how the particle fall off and in what order. I did this using textures and image sequences on the textures, where I used two colours white and black. White was used to show the robot character appearing and black was used as the transparency so that the girl character could disappear. I also used another texture where a white beam is moving across the black uv map of the character, this is so the particles can emit from the moving white beam which will give off the effect that the character is dissolving. 

This experiment has shown me that I need to work out the layout of the uv mapping of the characters because as you can see the transitioning between the to characters isn't as smooth as I'd like. it has also shown me that the look of the particles flying off of the character looks convincing, however a lot more tweaking will need doing to the attributes of the particles to make the transition more effective.     

No comments:

Post a Comment