Saturday 22 April 2017

Extended Practice: Cleaning Up The Animation

At first I thought that cleaning up the animation would by a simple task to do but a long one, it turned out that with all the information that was in the scene and the 2880 amount of frames in the animation it was too much for my computer to handle and it kept crashing when the ram hit full capacity. This meant that I had to do the cleaning up in stages so that my computer could handle the workload.

Cleaning up the animation was still simple to do because all I had to do was move keyframes around so that some arms and legs weren't merging in with the body. And like I said before in a previous post the hardest bit was when the characters went into the floor and I had to lift the characters up frame by frame, so that was a bit tedious to work with.

Before I could start cleaning the movements up though I had to made sure that the characters where in the same position throughout the animation because if not than you'll be able to tell that there is another character underneath the girl character. Due to this that meant that I had to scrub through the timeline and find any parts that the two characters were not together and place them together and keyframe that so that they'd stay together.

There is one thing though that I need to clean up every time I open up the project and that is the wall in the background with the windows on it. This is because the texture on that wall, the bricks, for some reason won't map correctly, so whenever I open the scene the texture remaps itself and I keep having to correct this all the time. I don't know what's going on with it so I'm going to have to speak to one of my tutors so that they could help me with this situation and fix the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment