Saturday 22 April 2017

Extended Practice: Final Mocap Recording

After my attempt at recording the performance in a studio I decided that I'll just have to record the performance at Uni. This is because the room at Uni was so much better at picking up the background and the dancer, plus it gave the dancer a better understanding of where she could dance so that the cameras will catch the performance.

I started off by recording Katy, who wasn't the main dancer I had because the main dancer was busy that day. She tried her best to learn and perform the dance that the other dancer and I had put together, however she was stressing out about her not getting the dance right and how she didn't want to ruin me project. It was getting to much for Katy to do so I called up the main dancer and she agreed to come down and perform one last time for me because she wan't going out that day until the afternoon and it was still the morning.

The main dancer finally arrived and so we were able to begin recording the performance. She only had to perform the dance twice, once to go over the choreography and get warmed up and the other time she performed the dance so well we didn't need to capture another after that. So all in all the main dancer was only present for like half an hour and then we were finished. We were both happy with the final performance and so all that was left to do was bake the data from the motion capture onto a character to see how it turned out.


Overall the final result of the capture is good, but there will be some amending and changes to the performance so that the character doesn't have any limbs intruding the body. Also at the end the character walks around and heads towards the back, at this point the cameras didn't capture the dancers legs so she looks like she is floating so I'll have to fix that is Maya using the keyframes and graph editor.

No comments:

Post a Comment