Sunday 3 April 2016

Animated Documentary: Animating My Scenes

We have now started the animation process for this module so Molly and I have to animate are own parts of the story and then we give that to Malachi and he has to then place the animated backgrounds to are animations. I started off by animating the first scene of my story and introduce my characters, this was all animated in Photoshop and then taken to After Effects to add a bit of distortion and rough edges to the animation.

In the animation you see the father orangutang playing with the child orangutang whilst the you hear the narrator taking you through what is happening. This first scene lasts for seven seconds but it didn't take me that long to do because in the second half of the scene I just talk about his looks so I didn't know how to animate to that so I had a shot of the father orangutang and then just added some facial expressions. However, I might go back and add more movement to the second half of the first scene because I still feel like there isn't enough movement going on.


I also did an animation test seeing wether it would look nicer with more distortion around the orangutangs or not. I did this because this is going to one of the ways we show emotion through are animation so the bigger the distortion the more powerful the emotion will be. I showed my tutors this and they said that they liked the one with more distortion but they didn't like it on the background so I'l keep that in mind for the rest of the scenes that I need to animate.

 

    

No comments:

Post a Comment