Sunday 3 April 2016

Responsive: Even More Onform Sketches

Following on from the other onform sketches I'be done, I've also done four other ones which in no coincidence I've all done in the theme of animals. Some of the shapes that we got given were hard to do and I could not think of an idea for them but for these four shapes the ideas just came straight to my head.

The first shape was in the shape of a big nose, so I thought I'm not drawing a nose on this shape because its way too obvious to do. So the second idea I had was a turtle with a really big shell, but for some reason I decided to make the turtle sad and I don't know why. I had to look up turtles on the internet because I didn't really know how to draw a turtle and if the shape would work but I made it work. This drawing was a simple sketch with no shading because I thought it works just as an outline drawing.

The second shape was a bit more difficult to think of an idea to do but from out of the blue I thought of swans and that this shape looks a bit like a swans beak. After seeing this it was easy enough to draw because swans are black and white which are the only colours we can use, so it was just the mater of drawing a swans face.

For the third shape I went with drawing a little chick because that was the only thing I could think of and it would look kind of cute because the shape is quite big so it will make the chick look chubby. The only thing I don't like about this sketch are the feet on the chick because I couldn't get them right and they were looking weird every time I redrew them, so I just went with stick feet which also kind of look like robin feet.    

Finally the fourth shape looked like an iron and so that was my first idea but I went to look on the onform sketches webpage to look for more inspiration and found that someone has already drawn out an iron for the shape. So I went back to photoshop and started sketching random stuff, until I made the top part of the shape sharp. This gave me the idea of doing a rhino for this shape, I also added a bit of shading the the sketch to make the rhino more appealing and I just reshaped the shape just a little so that it would look more like a rhino.


All in all I'm happy with the outcome of my sketches and I probably would not change them if I had a chance to redraw them. If I did have to redraw them I would just make improvements to them like changing the patten on the turtles shell, and adding more detail to the chicks character.

No comments:

Post a Comment