Friday 7 November 2014

Evatuation

Evaluation

Throughout this module we’ve had to produce a number of animations like stop motion animation, pixilation, flipbooks and pose to pose animation. But before I could start any of these I had to learn the 12 principals of animation, which will help my animations look and feel better. I feel that learning the 12 principals has given my more skill and knowledge about drawing animations because I’ve tried to use them in every animation that I’ve done so far. I’ve also learned about Timing and how many frames per second (FPS) are needed in an animation like 24fsp is the regular amount but can very between 23fps-30fps.

My first lesson on the 12 principals of animation was ‘Squash and Stretch’ while producing a flipbook about bouncing balls. I learnt how balls could squash when they hit something but can also stretch when flying through the air. In my opinion I feel that my flipbooks were good but maybe I could do with a little less stretching in some of my flipbooks.

I feel like my storyboarding has increased because I’ve learnt how to storyboard on sticky note before actually drawing it out on one big piece of paper. Doing this helped me realise which scene needed to be where and by using sticky notes it’s easier not to go off track of your idea you had in mind. I’ve also learnt how to show characters/objects movements and direction of actions onto a storyboard by just placing arrows to indicate the action, and how to show the camera how to zoom in at one exact point by putting a smaller box in the frame, which demonstrates a zoom in.

Pixilation’s in my opinion is an easier way to animate than stop motion because you don’t have to draw out every frame, you just have to move an inch then take a picture and repeat. But what I did learn was how to put all the photos into a sequence on After Effects to make a movie out of it, which was hard at first but I got the hang of it on my second attempt at a pixilation. What I like about my pixilation’s are that there smooth running easy to follow.

Learning to do Pendulum swings was my next task, this taught us how to ease in and out. This task is also known as Pose-to-Pose Animation, is about plotting out the key frames in the animation then filling in the inbetweeners later. My animation for this was a mushroom from Mario the game jumping over a the bullet from Mario whilst doing a flip, I feel that this went well but I could of done with a few more frames on the jumping and landing sections.

To sum up the whole module was enjoyable because I gained new skills and more knowledge about animation. I feel that all my animations were successful in achieving the principals of animation, and that the skills I’ve learnt will carry on throughout my work as an animator.       

      


No comments:

Post a Comment