Thursday 24 November 2016

Extended Practice: Further Idea Development

For my extended practice I wanted to continue on from my CoP 3 with particle simulations, however for this I want to incorporate a character and then have particles flow off of the character to then reveal something from underneath the skin. I do have more ideas than this but they stay in the same theme of using a character and having particles flowing off them.

One idea was to have a character dance around but have there skin or appearance change using particle simulations so like there body is full of hair, or dust is flying off them etc. I figured that this would be a series of videos trying out different simulations using motion capture to record the movement of the character and then paste the data onto a model I create within Maya. This idea would be very experimental and I would need to organise my time so that I can use different methods of motion capture i.e. having someone in a Mocap suit and make them dance around while cameras a set up in a circle surrounding the dancer to capture the data, or use the software IPI and capture the dancer using two or more xbox kinects.

My other idea was to just have a 2 minute video where I can get a dancer to perform to a piece of music, that I will get someone to make from the Leeds College of Music, and have particles emit from the dancer which will then reveal a robotic like form underneath the skin. This will be harder to create because I'll be collaborating with others so I'll have to organise them both and gather what I need early so I can start experimenting with different materials for the particle simulation. I figured that I would start the video off with live action and then go into a CG character I have build in Maya but again I'll have to do test to see if this would work.

No comments:

Post a Comment