Thursday 8 January 2015

Evaluation

Evaluation

For the classical elements brief I had to produce a twenty second animation on either water, fire, earth and air. I chose to create an animation about the journey of a raindrop. The things that I like about my animation are the fluidity of the movement of the raindrop, the tone/feel of the animation, which is happiness and way the music (‘Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head’ by B.J.Thomas) fits in well with the timing of the animation. I like these because the fluidity shows how much effort and time I’ve put in to the process, the music fits in well because when I was showing the animation to other people someone said that she liked the swooshing sound in the animation when the raindrop hits the leaves, but it was actually the music that made that sound. Also I made the tone/feeling of the animation happy because I’ve already done comedy for another animation and I didn’t really want to make a sad one this time, also the songs a bit cheerful as well.

However, some parts of my animation I don’t like and they are how when the raindrop is falling towards the camera it starts to get blurry. Also how the bird isn’t in the animation for that long and that you can’t see it when you get an overview of the raindrop falling, and I don’t like the way the camera zooms in on the frog at the end of the animation because it seems a bit shaky. These are because in the scene before the bird appears you should able to see it because your looking down and you can see what the raindrops going to hit, also I think that blurriness of the raindrop at the beginning has something to do with the way I drew it then expanded in so it looks like its coming towards you.

After analysing all of this and if I had to redo this project again I would change a couple of thing in my animation. One of the things I would change is the frog at the end by making it smaller and maybe changing the colour to black and white like the rest of the thing in my animation because I feel like the frog is stealing the focus from the raindrop as the main character. I would also change when the bird’s appearance begins in the animation just so that it’s accurate when you’re looking down at the raindrop. Something that I would change about the animation is the sound, what I would do is take out the music and replace that with some sound effects like droplet noises, swooshing sounds for the leaves and maybe put in a croaking noise in there for the frog as well at the end when he winks at you.          


     

No comments:

Post a Comment